Friday, July 24, 2020

NOT SURE IF A SCAM REMOTE JOB OFFER! (Global AMC Company)

A few days a got an e-mail from a global company Global AMC based in Texas https://global-amc.com/ that I didn't apply for. They said they "got my CV from the Indeed job portal", I had been using Indeed job portal but hadn't filled out the cv blanks on the Indeed webpage, I was always only sending CV to employers as PDFs. So it was just my name and e-mail there. Also, none of my previous work experience had anything to do with finances or handling money. I was a Visual Artist / Content Manager. So I was a bit surprised.

I clicked on the link they sent me and after signing up on their platform it gave a brief overview of what's the process like (good-looking website). They asked me to sign the job agreement already, which I did, and write my current address (Germany) and send photos of 2 documents, and then I could start my paid training already. All the work would be 9-6 pm remote work. A bit more than 2000€ per month.

I did check out their website for some background research too, and in the "about" page were gaps in the text where it should have been "location", "time period" etc, like a fill-in text template. Also, the same staff people + some more work in another company "ACE & Company" https://aceandcompany.com/ with a similar mission with headquarters in Geneva.

I googled: "Is Cryptocurrency legal in Germany?" = German cryptocurrency taxation: ether, IOTA and Co. Unlike the euro (considered fiat money), Bitcoins and other cryptographic currencies are not legal tender.

This all might be totally legit as it's a less than 50 employees company that's just starting out, but I've never worked on such a profession or managed any transactions so I would be super thankful for any insights on the topic!

This is the e-mail copy paste:

"Dear ***,

We received your CV from the INDEED site and you are suitable for the position as an Account Manager.
Thank you for your interest in the position of Account Manager. Below is the link to the company site where you would  have  to register and also get access to all the information regarding the job position. I am available to guide you through the process and answer all questions. 
https://cp.global-amc.com/
Also during  registration, please select Account Manager for the vacancy option and *** as Manager

NB: This job offer is only open to candidates with European passport.

Below is the work Road map
1. register with Global AMC
2 register a payment system for working with crypto exchange
3 pass KYC verification
4 Open a bank Account through which you can make international transactions with the crypto exchange
5 register in the crypto exchange
6 get verified by KYC
7 start training with us / finish training
8 get connected with a client via our system
9 receive funds from a client
10 deposit crypto exchange
11 make a deal on cryptocurrency
12 send crypto currency directly to the client and get your commission
13 Get feedback from customer

The link to the general company site is below.
https://global-amc.com/
You can contact me on *** or via this email.
Thank you

Regards,***"

And some information from their portal:

"During the training a candidate will go through the following:

- A full cycle of working with cryptocurrency

- Creating payment portfolios for customers

- Passing checks in the main crypto exchangers

- Opening accounts in mobile banks

- Work with local banks

- Composing a report and preparation of a tax report

- Creating an order, processing application and withdrawing funds to the client"



No comments:

Post a Comment