Friday, September 11, 2020

Repost: Funding for an alternative full node BCH implementation written in JavaScript.

I want to give thanks to the people who have been helping, guiding me in the process of getting this flipstarter initiative going.

My name is Jonathan,

I'm currently the lead maintainer, contributor of an alternative full node implementation of the Bitcoin Cash protocol written in JavaScript.

This thread is a repost from a previous thread that I've opened earlier this week based on a flipstarter campaign that I'm running for the project.

I'm not all too experienced with reddit; so like the dickhead that I am I made a mistake while modifying the post ended up deleting the thread on accident.

Due to the relationship between the project being a fork of bcoin, the name bc@sh suited the project perfectly.

I've realized that the buzz-word / name of the project kept triggering a bot that marked every reply mentioning the word / name of the project as spam.

Wile attempting to change a few things related to this I made the error of deleting the post. But have decided to repost it.

The original comments of the previous thread can be found at:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/in4anj/flipstarter_campaign_opened_for_an_alternative/

This project was initially created for use infrastructure use at Purse.io. But as of late 2018 / early 2019 the full time support of the project at Purse.io has been disbanded.

So I've been maintaining the project throughout the various hard fork updates that have passed up until earlier this year in which the development of the project has slowed down quite a bit.

In an attempt to get the project back on it's feet and ready for this November with an updated release; I'm looking to obtain some funding, support for the project in the meanwhile.

I go into detail on the project specifics like the pending tasks, status, budget, project history below in the campaign linked below:

http://flipstarter.cashfullnode.com/

I'm still quite optimistic on reaching the goal, even if that means restarting the campaign with a lower target at a different time.

As I want to continue dedicating full time hours to the project and make the project as useful , optimized as possible.

If anyone wants to get some background on the project, myself I've listed a few below:

https://news.bitcoin.com/meet-the-developer-who-added-schnorr-signatures-to-bcash/

https://news.bitcoin.com/purse-io-adds-native-bch-support-and-launches-bcash/

https://github.com/bcash-org/bcash



No comments:

Post a Comment