Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Timing the top of the bull market

I started becoming interested in crypto a couple of months ago, and have happily watched my holdings rise since then (just BTC and Ethereum). I'm sold on the belief that generally, what goes up must come down, and I would be very surprised if there was not another drawdown to at least 24k support levels in the next month or so, and perhaps much lower if there's some kind of Black Swan regulatory event/security flaw/internet outage/whatever.

I don't want to be left like the slow-moving HODLers who kept their crypto after the post-2018 crash. I want to time my exit right near the top, then buy when it gets low again.

My questions are twofold: (1) Does it seem reasonable that history will "rhyme," that there will be a repetition of the 2018 bull market and crash? Or is it possible that Bitcoin will never be below 30k again? Also, (2) if you do expect that there will be a big drawdown in Bitcoin (and by extension, the rest of the crypto market), what are your strategies for timing the top so you can take your profits?


No comments:

Post a Comment