Monday, October 22, 2018

Apparently, Christmas is on Halloween this year! :) [Winner's Thread #35]

Where to start? I think my first post-realization post pretty much sums it up. I guess it's a tasteful combination of surprised shock - because I'm the unluckiest fool on Earth when it comes to these things, I've never so much as won a sticker in a tombola -, guilt - I used to participate pretty regularly in this sub, but the last couple months I kinda lost track of it. I almost didn't participate actually, as I think the last winner or two probably didn't get the usual couple $ from me (I'll make up for it!), and only really commented because I thought the rake thing was funny -, and elation - as this couldn't have come at a better time. Winning is the kind of thing that I daydream about, and I love the idea of the community participating in making others' lives easier. This sub and its concept is awesome, and I love being a part of it (even when I don't win)!

I don't usually like to talk much about myself online, but y'all deserve to know a bit about who you're helping out :-) So, I'm 33, I live in Belgium. I'm a biologist, I have a cat, 4 birds, and a husband. My username is actually partially based off the name of one of my pets, Kiwi, a little conure that I helped save when she was a baby birb. Love of my life (sorry, hubby!). Life has been overall good, I know I'm lucky compared to many people, despite things being a bit rough and complicated recently, having a hard time finding work and such. We're not rich, but we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, and we've even been able to splurge a bit for our wedding this summer (well, more the honeymoon than the wedding itself, tbh), thanks to our friends who helped out. I might not have much, but I try to be generous with what I do have, and to be a positive addition to the lives of people I cross.

So what am I going to do with all these sudden riches? Well there was a nice little luxury villa in the Bahamas I had my eye on... More seriously, a good part will probably go to helping pay some bills that just popped up, like my kitty's recent vet visit, and rent which has just gone up. Then according to what's left, I would love to be able to take my husband out to a nice restaurant or a concert he's been eyeing, because he's a good man and I can't gift him these things as often as I'd like. Then, if it's possible, I'd love to fly over to see my brother, who lives in another country, and get to see my nephew for his birthday. We'll see what's possible :-) either way, I'm so grateful to all of you!

I just want to end with a big shout-out: to the mods, who are really friendly and do a great job a running this sub, and and u/lilfruini in particular who so patiently helped work through timezone and technical issues; to the community as a whole, for making this kind of thing possible, and restoring faith in humanity's ability to share and care about others; and of course, last but not least, to all of you, whether you donate or just leave a friendly comment, for bringing a smile to my face today and whenever I'll be raking my leaves :-)

Cheers to all of you!!

PS: Haiku!

It seems I have won
Amazing rakes incoming!
Leaves on lawn no more.


This part is written by the mods:

 

All of the amounts below should result in /u/lilikiwi receiving about $1 USD.

 

Methods of payment:

 

Tipbots

 

 | Guide | Amount | Comment this to donate

:- | :- | :- | :-

Tippr | Guide | $1 | “/u/tippr $1”

ChainTip | Guide | $1 | “/u/chaintip”, then send $1 to the address

 

Cryptocurrency transfer

 

 | Guide | Amount | Address (click for QR Code)

:- | :- | :- | :- | :-

Bitcoin Cash | Guide | 0.0023 BCH | bitcoincash:qqhycmf72aej5vrt79ttr2p6wsapf4cyuyv4t559dr

Handcash | Guide | $1 | $LILIWIKI2018 (for QR code, see Bitcoin Cash)

Bitcoin | Guide | 0.00016 BTC | 12GNZdCJCd5pummCSLfFs6D3TtAzNPQjQ3

Litecoin | Guide | 0.019 LTC | LKQrVGmJgMYPyxWT2vGNjSJXwKUgLojvQM

Ethereum | Guide | 0.0050 Ether | 0x55CDd28c2847b457Be8bc98C285fd945574BF9B7

Dogecoin | Guide | 225 Doge | DPn8m1Gfo1waFaaBuCHAe7UmrPMLcbA96i

Steem | Guide | 1.23 Steem | @millmakers

 

Cash transfer

 

 | Guide | Amount | Address

:- | :- | :- | :-

PayPal | Guide | $1* | lilikiwi2018@gmail.com

 

* - Transfer fee from U.S. to Europe varies depending on the amount, see this link



No comments:

Post a Comment