Thursday, December 13, 2018

Email Bomb Threat Potential Spam?

One of my companies is getting blasted with bomb threats. They're asking for 20k USD into a bitcoin account. Anyone else running into this? I think it's spam but I wonder if we should get the police involved. It's one thing to solicit money or gift cards but a bomb threat seems like a big deal.

Sample message:

I write you to inform you that my man hid the explosive device (Tetryl) in the building where your company is conducted. My mercenary constructed the bomb according to my guide. It can be hidden anywhere because of its small size, it is impossible to damage the building structure by this explosive device, but in the case of its detonation there will be many wounded people.
My man is controlling the situation around the building. If any unusual activity, panic or cop is noticed he will power the bomb.
I want to offer you a transaction. 20'000 usd is the cost for your life. Pay it to me in BTC and I ensure that I have to call off my man and the bomb will not explode. But do not try to deceive me- my warranty will become actual only after 3 confirmations in blockchain network.

My payment details (btc address)- (removed)

You have to pay me by the end of the working day, if the workday is over and people start leaving the building the device will explode.
Nothing personal, if I do not receive the bitcoin and the bomb detonates, next time other companies will send me more money, because it isnt a single incident.
For security and anonymity reasons, I will no longer enter this email. I check my address every 40 min and if I see the money I will give the command to my man to get away.

If an explosion occurred and the authorities read this letter:
We are not terrorists and do not assume any responsibility for explosions in other buildings.



No comments:

Post a Comment