Tuesday, March 17, 2020

My $50 /r/poker freeroll had 191 players! The next one will be the same time tomorrow (on Wednesday)

This tournament is open to everyone regardless of jurisdiction. You don't need to register an account on the site in advance.

I decided to run the tournament based on the positive responses to my thread from yesterday. The tournament ended up being MUCH more successful than I imagined, with 191 players participating. I confirmed with /u/BlockchainPoker that this was the most players of any tournament in the site's history.

Congratulations to user bone call for taking first place! Here's a replay of the final hand of the tournament: https://blockchain.poker/#/history?hand=8b2bf59ec5143a454c030383a66fc8cb

To keep the momentum going, I'm organizing another tournament for the same time today. Details below:

Time: Wednesday March 18 (TODAY), 7pm PDT, 10pm EDT
Buy-in: Free
Prize pool: 0.25 BCH, currently $45
Password: quarantine
Link: https://blockchain.poker?tournament=8776

Note that if you bust, up to 3 rebuys are allowed within the first 30 minutes of the tournament. A rebuy into a freeroll on this site costs 1/50th of the prize purse, or in this case 0.005 BCH (~$1).

The blind structure on these tournaments is pretty fast. Yesterday's tournament lasted for about 90 minutes. The site has not yet implemented custom blind structures so be aware that it's a pretty fast tournament.

Some people have offered to contribute to future prize pools, and I'm also talking with some Bitcoin-related companies who are interested in sponsoring more prize purses (meaning their logo would be on the table felt), so I'm hoping I can keep these freerolls as a regular thing for a while.


Other Links



No comments:

Post a Comment