Thursday, December 24, 2020

Question about HD wallets

I’ve been around the Bitcoin circle since 2014. I’ve done some buying and selling of BTC and even tried my hand at trading (not great lol). I understand the basics well but there is something that I just can’t wrap my brain around. Considering recent events and the regulation of Bitcoin that the US wants to impose, like requiring a name be attached to a wallet that moves $10k worth of Bitcoin, how does that affect an HD wallet? Would the info be stuck on every set of keys that wallet generates or would it be just on the set that moves money into the exchange?

Sorry for the dumb question, but in my mind your personal info, if collected, would be on one set of keys that you should never use again. I make 99% of my transactions from a Trezor and I don’t see how this new law would affect my holdings. Please educate me. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment