Saturday, January 9, 2021

Which cryptocurrency is most likely to dominate the future if BITCOIN is unable to maintain momentum?

I would suspect that the main qualities of the cryptocurrency(ies) that will dominate the future (in the event of a loss of momentum for BTC) would be

- Hard cap on total supply (or extremely low pre-defined inflation rate, perhaps around 1%)

- High number of Transactions per second (matching Visa for example that allows 1,700 per second on average)

- resistant to rudimentary hacks

- permanent public record would encourage regulatory acceptance (no anonymity)

- simplicity of purchase and use, and decentralised, so they would be standalone cryptocurrency

Would a low block time be good? If so

- low block time (<1 minute)

Would you agree or have I missed anything important?

As far as I can tell, the currency that seems to the untrained layperson (myself), to hold an edge is Litecoin, is this correct or are there better, more future proof coins to consider?

thanks in advance

*Disclaimer. I currently own both Bitcoin and Ethereum. I am not an expert on cryptocurrencies.


No comments:

Post a Comment