Tuesday, September 19, 2023

[Winner's Thread #94] A warm saludo to all!

Greetings!

I'm Benjamín, a 33-year-old living in the Guatemalan highlands going on 7 years now. I work with a small community organization founded and run by a team of incredible Maya women serving local villages. I am back from the market with a bag full of my favorite fruits—how I survived back home in Chicago without my daily avocado, I can't recall. Life is so often humbling.

I acknowledge I am probably on Reddit's list of "Greatest 21st-Century Lurkers." Reddit keeps me current on world events, shows me adorable animal photos, and teaches me creative and silly one-liners. Internet access is limited in rural Guatemala, so while I cannot play Dota 2 or watch it on Twitch, I can at least read about it on Reddit.

I have grown to enjoy limited internet access, and I spend my time learning the local Maya language, exploring Maya culture, playing soccer in the community, reading (currently reading Dune), enjoying tostadas and atol de maní in the park, leaving food out for the stray dogs, and watching the lightning during the rainy season. It's the little things in life I try to no longer take for granted. I love the smell of tortillas and frijol my neighbor prepares. I admire the young lady who passes each morning offering peanuts and candies. I don't fret when my shoes and socks take a week to dry throughout the rainy months.

Guatemalans are innovative, practical, kind, strong, resilient, and more. I am learning to take better care of myself and to take better care of others. Some say I might spend the rest of my days here...

I have received so much from so many people here over the years. Your kindness will be spent on giving a little back. Know that supplies for our students will be purchased, liver from the local market will be bought (for the strays!), and my wonderful host family will be treated to the fanciest of dinners.

Kindness comes in many forms. Please do not feel obligated to send money. You can show your kindness by recommending your favorite subreddit here in the comments. I enjoy exploring new communities on Reddit!

A warm saludo to all, Ben

Everything listed should result in direct lines of payment to /u/Nej-tak. We ask all users to donate at least $1 USD. The Drawing is also listed for users who want to see the results and confirm the validity of the winner, and Activity Proof is listed for those who would like to confirm that the owner of the account is as presented.

Drawing: [https://old.reddit.com/r/millionairemakers/comments/16ks90n/draw_94/](https://old.reddit.com/r/millionairemakers/comments/16ks90n/draw_94/

Activity Proof: https://imgur.com/a/uHPBUeS/

PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/guatelife

Bitcoin: bc1qgam6hm6mj49j3ysvvpg4lqjkvjecnuumxn35ym

Bitcoin Cash: qpxpjzca5fwu4uc79qqh7a9g3j05cttrhsmymn7lv4

Ethereum: 0x56F90b86285c17edCbbC9fB865169D59B298F838

Litecoin: ltc1q9dc43qt25my8fvp4g58fnrxpch44gqhrl4s970

Dogecoin: DGxCaeVNqbGGJNmA2CYFvPYiQmqs5TDUZY

Nano: nano_1rf7yr75qpe93gadrp7ae8zdf6d3e953f15yb31fc5amot3gopfga8rofkkf


No comments:

Post a Comment