Thursday, September 27, 2018

N00b Adventures in nanoland : Pt 1 Escape from Coinbase Basic

So, my original plan was to buy a little intermediary crypto on Coinbase (Eth, for speed, LOL, see below ), then send it to Binance, buy some BNB, then use that to get the 25 % discount on fees (Using their crypto to save on fees is actually a really cool idea, and probably sells a lot of BNB), then buy more Eth on Coinbase Pro as a maker (to avoid the fiat onramp fees), and then send this larger pile of crypto to Binance, to buy some nano, if it went sub $2, but there is an unexpected problem, in addition to the expected delays of needing to go through two services (Coinbase to Binance).

I bought some Eth on Coinbase Basic ($210 worth) a few days ago, it lost $30 while it was in the Coinbase Basic wallet, because I didn't try to move It until I got the referral bonus (which can't move at all, cause you need $25 BTC to move, and the bonus is only $10, and it only comes in the form of Bitcoin, so that 'bonus' is all useless dust to me, so F me on the referral bonus, unless I get two more chumps to use my referral link, LOL). So that was annoying, but today I finally decided to send the ETH I bought a few days ago to Binance, just to test if everything was working right and I would be ready to buy, but it seems Coinbase Basic has put a twenty DAY hold on my initial, rather insignificant (to me) $210 purchase, which came from my checking account, so all my initial supply of My First Crypto and another $30 in value that I have lost in the last few days (so the total hold is the full $210) is being held hostage on Coinbase until close to Halloween (!!)

I still don't know if nano will be at a good price in the future, but I'm fairly certain if it goes much lower than its current price, I'm not gonna have 20 days to masturbate while I wait for my newly deposited fiat/crypto funds to unlock from Coinbase, and still have time to get the price I want. Is there a faster way to do this banking-to-crypto crap, maybe through Coinbase Pro, so I don't have to wait ? I am level 3 verified on Coinbase, and seems that I have all the privileges unlocked in my account, but this is WAY slower than I ever thought it would be, slower than Paypal, or my Bank, or my paycheck...

No comments:

Post a Comment