Monday, November 5, 2018

"Confessions of a shill" (in response to post "Jimbtc is a shill"). Roger Ver has asked me for an explanation of my actions - so I will offer one to the entire community.

Nice to have gotten your attention Roger. I must say I am disappointed you have played your DSV cards early as I thought you had read Sun Tzu. By all means play those DSV cards but why did you not keep them to yourself for a while? This all seems like a massive Proof of Social Media/Influence battle to me which is not how Bitcoin is supposed to work. However that's off-topic right now....

You wanted an explanation of the shill allegations against me which are quite serious I suppose. As you're a great guy and I respect you - I shall offer you my full confession as yes we can all make mistakes - even me...


OK so I made a big mistake in my shilling by badly cropping a screenshot that revealed some text that wasn't supposed to be there.

I am now going to reveal all cause I don't want to be seen as bad guy as I was forced into doing this...

We've had the argument that hashes only matter and that Proof of Social Media is wrong, so it seems ironic that social media has caught me out. I'm tired, been posting too much and I took 20 minutes to notice, and by that time I posted a new version and deleted the badly cropped post and thought nobody had noticed....

But then I see this post :-


Jimbtc is a shill (self.btc) submitted 25 minutes ago * by Zectro I just noticed that jimbtc posted the following thread twice. I couldn't figure out why he deleted it, since the original thread contained the same title and content. Then I looked more carefully at the image it links to. Notice the text at the bottom:

<<< END OF POST >>> COMMENT: DON'T PASTE TIL WE HAVE CONFIRMED 10 UPVOTES READY AND THA... CONFIRMED FROM THEM <<< NEW POST 69bb3c154289716F9BA58C594E7D59A9A99D0B69 >>> COMMENTS: (to be posted around 19:00UTC for maximum lunchtime exposure on West Coast)

We, the BCH community are under attack. EDIT: He just deleted the picture. I grabbed it and just uploaded it to imgur EDIT 2: I'm shaking. Even I didn't expect the astroturfing was this professional and organised.


OOPS! I GOT BUSTED!

/u/zectro is right. These are the events that occurred. I made a bad crop, posted the post... deleted it 20 minutes later... and then posted it correctly cropped without that secret text that wasn't supposed to be there. He noticed it. Well done for your keen eye Zectro.

Yes it is true. On Social Media people will deceive you, people will lie to you, it is dangerous to let social media or even the internet be a barometer of anything. As I always stand behind hashes being more important than Proof of Social Media (I am after all a Bitcoin SV supporter) some might have noticed a hash there in my accidental screenshot.

69bb3c154289716F9BA58C594E7D59A9A99D0B69

It looks suspiciously like a SHA1 hash..... hmmmm a hash of the next secret message to post from my shill-masters perhaps? Maybe even something from Craig himself.....

Well I'll let you all in on the big secret.... Fire up your terminals.

$ echo This is a fake troll post message intentionally designed for someone to find it in my screenshot, just to see how ridiculous people can go into thinking I am a shill. Proof of LOL I call it | shasum 69bb3c154289716f9ba58c594e7d59a9a99d0b69 -

I shall repeat once more. ONLY HASHES MATTER. When it comes to Bitcoin - Proof of Social Media, text written by humans etc... etc... is no proof of anything at all. ONLY HASHES MATTER.

LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment