Sunday, November 4, 2018

[OFFER] Will teach Python programming for $10/session

Hey all. I'm a 17 y/o high school student who's been programming for 7 years now as a hobby, with 5 of those years being primarily in Python, and I'm looking to make some small side money by teaching my hobby to others.

I'll teach anyone of all ages Python programming for $10 per session. We can hold sessions over Discord (so I can screenshare). Sessions will typically last a maximum of 1-2 hours each, and will cover a very wide array of topics. I have slideshow presentations prepared for every session, as well as worksheets full of optional practice exercises for you to do if you feel that you need practice, and cheatsheets for you if you ever need a reference. Every session consists of information, demonstrations, and session projects in which I guide you through making a specific program using the information learned in the session.

Session 0 (Introduction) is free as it only contains information about the class flow, who I am, what Python is, how to install Python, and running your first program as well as a demonstration of real world Python application by creating a TCP port scanner in Python. If you're not sure whether or not I'm the right person to be teaching you, contact me so we can arrange a FREE introduction session so that you can determine whether or not you'd like to take my sessions.

I accept payment in the form of Bitcoin, PayPal, Amazon cards, or prepaid Visa cards.

Let me know if you're interested or have any questions! I hope to be hearing from you soon! You can PM me on reddit and I'll usually reply within a few hours.

FAQ

(You can see the full thread here.)

Q: When are you available?

A: I'm available from 5PM to 11:59PM on weekdays (Pacific Time), and around the clock on weekends.

Q: How many lessons would someone need to be good?

A: After about 5 sessions, you'll understand the basics and fundamentals of Python (Basics A, B, Functions, Mathematics and Data Visualization, and Object-Oriented Programming). To be considered "good", I'd estimate around 10-ish individual sessions, assuming that you do the optional practice worksheets I provide and pursue projects outside of those provided (I can definitely help you with this. Let me know).

Q: Can you help me build ___?

A: Only if it's not unethical! I've been contacted before and asked if I can help in building view bots or sneaker bots, to which I've had to respond to with an astounding "no." I refuse to help in the development of unethical programs.

Q: Can you do Java?

A: While I do program in Java, the curriculum I have planned out (slides, practice worksheets, cheatsheets) is for Python, and I'm only willing to make a separate curriculum for Java if I have a client base large enough (relative to my Python curriculum) to justify it.



No comments:

Post a Comment