Friday, November 9, 2018

"Seedbox" recommendation for "weird" user that is me

So a week ago I'm trying to look for a "seedbox" which satisfies my somehow "weird" requirements. Instead of listing them one by one, I'll just answer the recommendation guide:

  • What is your budget per month? Max $40 per month
  • How much disk space do you need? 500 GB minimum
  • Are you looking for shared or dedicated seedbox? Either true dedicated or "dedicated"-type VPS (preferred true dedicated)
  • Particular uses, streaming? VPN? One-click ease? Racing? Total control of everything (root access), Long-term seeding

  • Location (yours and/or the vendors)? Don't care
  • Particular speed? 100Mbps minimum
  • Do you use public trackers extensively? Yes
  • How much experience do you have with seedboxes, linux, and alike? Know much almost everything
  • Particular payment methods the vendor needs to accept: bitcoin, paypal, paysafecard, Turkish Lire? Bitcoin, Monero or any much popular cryptocurrency.
  • Particular content: Games, TV shows, Anime; Movies; Remuxes; the oeuvre of Fatty Arbuckle? Majority of it is Anime
  • Using problem-some trackers like public ones or challenging trackers like RED and CHD? Probably. I'm using nyaa as first search&download if I'm looking for anime content and immediately stop after finishes downloading (exception is low-seed torrents), and only use private tracker as a last resort. Also long-term seeding on my favorites I found on private tracker.
  • Any idea on how much bandwidth you need a month? 1TB; 3TB; 30TB? In my tests I can only reach about 1TB per month both ways
  • Other more unique requirements? Root access as I said above

TL;DR - I'm just basically ask here to recommend me a storage [VPS, dedicated server] that allows torrent usage and accepts Bitcoin or other popular cryptocurrency.

Edit: fixed conflicting answer, spelling, add preference.



No comments:

Post a Comment