Monday, November 5, 2018

Zombie Bitcoin Defense - Our First Video Game Creation

NOTE : No real cryptocurrency is used, mined, spent or earned in the operation of this game.

If this is in the wrong place or tagged incorrectly please let me know and I'll be happy to edit it / remove it. I've stalked this forum forever and finally have something to post.

https://i.redd.it/lvg7nix3fkw11.jpg

My brother and I have created our first collaborative video game together and launched it on Steam last week. I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast and miner and I wanted to incorporate crypto into our game somehow. While we don't use real crypto in the game, we wanted to at least use the image as currency. We originally had 4 different cryptos with a market to see your value go up and down between rounds, with in game news events causing fluctuations. After testing this with players, we found that it was far too complex for the average gamer. In turn, we were forced to simplify it down to 1 crypto, remove the market and new events from the game, and only offer the miner as alternative income between rounds. We learned the hard way that it needs to be stupid simple or it fails.

While this doesn't use actual crypto, I hope that it helps bring some crypto normalcy to the people who play it, to see Bitcoin, or crytos in general, represent currency in a game instead of dollars. In the next two weeks, we will also be adding in Chinese, Russian and Spanish language support.

Steam Link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/945460/Zombie_Bitcoin_Defense/


No comments:

Post a Comment