Monday, December 24, 2018

Looking for help with downloading Bitcoin Core

I've been downloading Bitcoin Core for about a week now so I can get a Pi LN Node up and running. I'm using a Surface Pro 3 and an OLD 1TB HDD (so you can imagine how slow this has been going).

I've recently discovered a trick to increase the speed of the verification by using this guide, but yesterday I left the program running overnight and awoke to "Error: A fatal internal error occured, see dubug.log for details". I've checked the debug log and I actually don't see anything out of the ordinary (however I don't quite know what I'm looking for). I've uploaded the debug log here.

Questions:

  1. I've started bitcoin-qt this morning and it' s stuck on 0% replaying the blocks. What is actually happening here?
  2. What is my best course of action if my blockchain is corrupted? I actually made a copy of the blockchain at about ~125GB. Should I delete the current download and resume computing on that one and eat the 25% progress I made?


No comments:

Post a Comment