Wednesday, December 26, 2018

[uncensored-r/Bitcoin] Don’t be complacent and quadruple check everything before making upgrades that could affect your ...

The following post by yzder is being replicated because some comments within the post(but not the post itself) have been silently removed.

The original post can be found(in censored form) at this link:

np.reddit.com/r/ Bitcoin/comments/a9qbrt

The original post's content was as follows:


So my xmas present from myself was: loosing access to a Exodus wallet that had a decent amount of BTC in it

I did a “fresh start” on my laptop with windows defender. So some apps needed to be downloaded again (you guess it, Exodus was one of em) when I downloaded the app again I had to restore my wallet. I entered what I thought was my 12 words recovery phrase. Then boom wrong phrase. Started to slightly stress about it. Looking through some other stuff stored somewhere else and found a couple of 12 words recovery phrase that was Identified for completely different wallet . Entered both of those and it said recovery successful but balance was still at 0. I entered both phrase and they both said successful recovery.

Now at this point I have accepted the fact that my BTC are lost forever but I am very confused on why 2 completely different 12 words recovery phrase would both tell me “recovery successful” and then nothing shows up.

Im taking a break from trying to find a solution coz im going crazy. Im thinking restoring my computer to an earlier date could work but I have never set it prior to that event so I am not to hopeful about the outcome.

So to any newbie out there. I thought I had it all figured out but I have been proven otherwise yesterday. Make sure you have everything clearly marked/identified on paper and quadruple check it before doing anything else. For some reason I kept those out of cold storage and that decision came back to hunt me (thank god I didn’t lose everything)

Merry Christmas


No comments:

Post a Comment