Saturday, January 12, 2019

ABL $2K Main Event Closed Qualifier #1 Top 16 starts in 11 hours!

After a long day of matches, 16 players have survived to the Top 16 bracket. The competition was great, with exactly half of the top 16 consisting of qualifier players. Many of the matches were close and most series went 2-1. It was a great field of players along with a great casting team.

Top 16 Players: Purge - Groza - aev - nemphy - Damorquis - Colt 45 and Two Zigzags - Liam - zara - KG. 传说中的白石 (The White Rock of Legend) - Tomas - Hikaru198 - KG. 清浅 QingQian - FreddyBabes - DotACapitalist - Rayzo_陈大胖 - KG. Jinlin

Coverage continues on the Artifact Bitcoin League Twitch channel so say hello and drop a follow! The ABL Discord is the best place to get into our 40+ tournaments a month.

Watch Casted Coverage: twitch.tv/artifactbitcoinleague

Join the Community: discord.gg/6PUdk58

Follow on Twitter: twitter.com/artifactbitcoin

Full Information: artifactbitcoinleague.com

Top 16 Starts at 1800 UTC / 1000 PST Sunday Jan 13

Round of 32, 16, and 8 played concurrently

All Top 4 Games Casted

Format: Bracket, Draft, Bo3, Single Elimination

Casters: skybook123 - Auspicious - aquin - debord - Grey Mao - Opsy

Tales from the group stage:

Hikaru198’s deck had a Lion and no other black cards.

Redrame was refused connection to server for both his matches and issued two auto losses - ATC_70344_1965661970 - This and other bugs will continue to be a game breaking issue for draft tournaments until admins can roll back matches. This was a 4 person group. How can I ensure this won’t happen at the $2K Main Event?

The more direct instruction I gave on how to join, the less likely that person was to ultimately play. This is my fault and I will reconsider my communication methods. 4 alternates had to be found, which is much higher than anticipated.

Three out of eight groups had to have their decider matches done in remakes. As an admin I could not swap matchups. I think there is a way around this but I was surprised when I suddenly couldn’t swap players when normally I can. If anyone knows how to properly set up a 4 person swiss group stage for GSL format, please let me know. This would save me a bunch of time testing things with 3 other people.

-Opsy

Artifact Bitcoin League

Join the Community: discord.gg/6PUdk58


No comments:

Post a Comment