Friday, January 4, 2019

Trying to claim ANON from BTC priv key

I installed the official java desktop wallet, let it sync, then tried to import my private keys for BTC addresses containing BTC at the time of the fork (wallet->import one private key). It looks like it only accepts WIF compressed keys, so I converted the keys from WIFuncompressed to WIFcompressed but after importing I see 0 ANON.

Does it have something to do with me using uncompressed bitcoin public/private keys on the BTC chain?
Or do I have to manually claim ANON somehow first before they will be on the ANON chain?

They don't show up on any block explorer by searching for the addresses the desktop client created, so it isn't just a simple issue like being out of sync.

I looked around for guides on claiming, most pertain to ZCL, or require providing private keys to a web wallet. But I don't think that would help since again I don't see my coins on the block explorer after going from WIF-priv(uncompressed)->WIF-priv(compressed)->ANON-pub-address

Suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment