Tuesday, January 1, 2019

[uncensored-r/Bitcoin] Comparison between 3 mobile apps to purchase Bitcoin

The following post by Sony-vx1000 is being replicated because some comments within the post(but not the post itself) have been silently removed.

The original post can be found(in censored form) at this link:

np.reddit.com/r/ Bitcoin/comments/abl5qo

The original post's content was as follows:


December 31, 2018 5:00 PM
BTC Price via CMC: 3,732.18
BTC Price via Coinlib: 3,673.73
BTC Price via Google: 3,670.64

* I started this at work on December 31st, which is why all the information is from that day. Today, I was able to put it together for this post.

I have decided to do a comparison between three popular mobile apps to purchase Bitcoin with fiat. These apps are Coinbase, Abra and Cash App. This comparison is strictly for these three apps so don't bring up exchanges such as Coinbase pro, Gemini, etc. I want to do a simple and fair comparison between these mobile apps for people who want access to purchasing Bitcoin "quick and easy" from their mobile device. These apps also include the option to purchase other cryptos and currencies but this is solely focused on Bitcoin.

Here is the comparison of the three apps that I exported from an excel spreadsheet. It would've been better if I could embed the image in this post but it is what it is.

Screenshots from each app (all within minutes of each other) are provided here to show the price and how much BTC I would be receiving for each transaction.

Conclusion: The best app to use to get the most Bitcoin for your fiat is the Cash App. Using the deposited cash amount, you will get .0016473 (~$6.50) more BTC than Coinbase and .00038536 (~$1.44) more BTC than Abra (based off CMC price above). Depositing cash on the Cash App was instant and are able to receive Bitcoin to withdraw instantly. I usually use Abra because they had faster deposit times than Coinbase but now I will be making the switch to Cash App for that instant transfer. I only recently discovered the Cash app and was comparing fees and spreads. So I decided to post my results to help anyone else out who only used Coinbase prior or is in the process of researching new app options.

Disclaimer: This is based off my experience buying Bitcoin with USD and withdrawing it to another wallet / exchange. You can check the FAQ on all three websites for more information on fees and payment options, [COINBASE] [ABRA] [CASH APP]. Results may vary for you such as the time needed for verification or you may get rejected all together when creating an account. I'm not associated with any of these company's and as always, do your own research to further educate yourself before making a decison. The spreads and fees may change as well so I'm not sure if the Cash App will always be the best option. This comparison is rather simple but still gets the basic idea across which is, cheapest app to purchase Bitcoin from.

*\* Please leave a comment if I have provided any inaccurate information that is NOT RELATED TO YOUR EXPERIENCE or if I missed a relevant detail regarding one of the apps. We know some people dislike certain apps more than others but this guide can help other decide what route to take.



No comments:

Post a Comment