Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Will Play Artifact Tournaments for Charity (Details Inside)

With all the controversy over players getting "unearned" invitations to big-ticket events, I decided to put my money where my mouth is.

If I receive and use an unearned (i.e. direct, non-qualifier) invitation to a prize-paying Artifact tournament in the next 90 days, I will not accept any prize money and instead have the organizer donate it to my preferred charity.

As an Artifact player who started in November, qualifiers have been my only chance to get into big fields, so this doesn't apply to events I qualify for, such as the Artifact Bitcoin League main event. I am, however, making it retroactive for the StanCifka $5003 Challenge event, as I donated for a direct invitation.

My preferred charity is Feeding America Southwest Virginia, a food bank in my region.

I hope other players who are in a position to make this pledge (and I won't shame or judge anyone who isn't -- folks have obligations, and have to eat) will join me.


No comments:

Post a Comment