Friday, February 8, 2019

Hitbtc scam! All of my funds have been stolen!! Possibly internal scam?

Of course I am not the first to post this type of warning but seeing as HitBtc has responded to my ticket only once and have been ignoring me ever since I thought I would voice my experience in effort to save someone else the trouble.

These events took place January 30th, 2019.

Someone logged into my account and traded all of my iota for Bitcoin and withdrew the funds!

Now usually, I can be clear minded and think it was possibly my fault or a very skilled hacker but certain things seem very odd.

  1. I have been trying to withdraw my IOTA into my wallet (Ledger) for quite some time however it would not allow me.
  2. They did NOT send me an email notifying me of a new IP login as per usual (biggest hint this may be someone from HitBtc)
  3. They blocked me out of my account for 5 days following the transfer of all my funds (changed my password and 2FA settings)!!!

Going through many posts similar to mine, I have realized there is a pattern that appears to be prominent with HitBtc and robbing us folks out of hard earned money & potential ROI.

If anyone has any advice please let me know, or if anyone knows of any method to report stolen bitcoin using the transaction hashes or something.

It is really not fair that HitBtc would even be so bold as to ignore my ticket after such a loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment