Monday, March 11, 2019

Casa Lightning Node Offline

I've properly forwarded both TCP ports 8333 and 9735 to my Casa node. The Bitcoin node is showing both inbound and outbound connections. And under "Lightning" it says both "Active" and "Online".

However, if I click on "Manage Node" under "Lightning", in the pop-up window it says "Connection Status" is "Offline". If I click "Details", I get the message:

There's a Discovery Problem

Your node couldn't automatically make itself visible to the Lightning network. To fix this:

  1. Enable UPnP in your router settings, then restart your node and check your connection visibility again here.

  2. If you still see this error, set up port forwarding using this guide, then click "Continue with port forwarding" below.

Then I click the "Continue with port forwarding" button, and enter my public address and port 9735 as instructed, click "Save and Restart", but after the node restarts, the problem remains.

Is there something else I need to do? Do I actually need to fund a channel to go online? I've emailed the Casa support address, but have gotten no response.



No comments:

Post a Comment