Monday, March 11, 2019

[uncensored-r/Bitcoin] Did I get scammed?

The following post by itsandress is being replicated because some comments within the post(but not the post itself) have been silently removed.

The original post can be found(in censored form) at this link:

np.reddit.com/r/ Bitcoin/comments/azhb1r

The original post's content was as follows:


So I never really thought about cryptocurrency until this happened.

Some guy on instagram reached out to me and wanted to see if I wanted to invest in bitcoin alongside him. I was really skeptical about this because usually these guys don't reach out to you, you reach out to them. So I started talking with the fellow, and poking around his profile and stuff. He has 12,000 followers, which could just very well be paid bots. He also had testimony videos, that seemed generic and never really mentioned his name. In his profile however, he does show videos of him talking about his mining rigs, and setting up a new facility (in Syria, I think). I asked him for verification but he didn't give it, as it was supposedly used for illegal activity. He also has told me he is based in Georgia (country), and a website linked in his bio does say they have an office in Georgia.

So then I asked him how would I know if he's real? He replied with this: "For you to believe I'm real, I will credit your mining wallet and the money won't be spendable till the server that did the payment receives the crypto you invest automatically it will become spendable. How much do you intend to invest?"

So eventually he sets up a blockchain wallet for me, then I get $500 of bitcoin off coinbase. That same day, I won $500 off a scratch-off ticket, so if I lose that money, it won't be as painful. I was talking with him and later I ask him what the process is, and he says this: "Well the process it's all about mining more coins and trading for you which will generate the profit. Yeah no need for that again since you have bought we will mine, trade, and generate your ROI your wallet has been linked to the mining farm for that." I also keep talking with him and he says the minimum investment amount is $500 for him because it depends on the "miners platform."

Two days pass, and my skepticism is still lingering, so I asked him how he wouldn't walk out with my bitcoin, and blatantly scam. He said this to me: "Okay, I am a man and I know where I have come from, principles and discipline guides us. My word is my bond, I understand how you feel and trust me I did the same thing on my first investment, I was so scared, each palpitation in my heart was engraved with the words you might lose this but I looked around me and told myself I'll make it and today I am happy. I don't do such because I have something way better than that gives me enough money to settle my needs. Once I've mined and traded for you, you will get paid and I will collect my little commission that's how it works; both parties (Investor and the miner) earn after the process. So don't feel and think negative man it will work out."

So then I send him the bitcoin and the value increased since I spoke to him. Eventually, he mined and traded then got back to me, and deposited bitcoin into my blockchain wallet, and he said due to the rise of value in bitcoin, my profit will be higher. I was only supposed to profit about $650, but instead got $4700. Eventually I authorize him to send me the coins to my wallet and I get a whopping 1.762 bitcoins. But it is labeled as "non-spendable" and it is waiting on 3 confirmations. I ask him about it and he says this: "Yeah after confirmation it won't be spendable due to the increase in price of bitcoin it affected the servers so after mining and trading for you, the server credited your wallet with that high amount and for it to be spendable, you will send $2000 btc to the server making it the investment of $2500 and the ROI is what you just received then you will send me the miner's fee of $150 and service charge of $50." So I was confused where $2000 came from, and he said this about it: "the $2000 won't be a new investment it will be the balance of the first one I did that for you to see it's not a scam." Then I talk to him about how I will have $4700 left after sending him the $2200 but he says that I cannot use it because it's non-spendable and it will remain in my wallet. And supposedly I need to buy another crypto and send it to that server, assuming it's the $2200. He then says "Before it will become spendable after confirmation, you will have to balance the invest amount." I ask him what the process is, and he says, "Okay you will have to buy bitcoins of $2200 and send to the server to equal the investment balance and once it's received the whole money in your wallet becomes spendable.

So does what this guy is saying check out? And as I said, the 1.7 bitcoin he sent me is pending confirmation to be spendable (from what I understood on Blockchain's website), but it doesn't make sense to send him more money imo. He also told me to get Luno so I can send my bitcoin to the bank, but he has access to my blockchain wallet, unlike my Luno account, but all log-ins have to be authorized by me for blockchain, so if he tries to get in I can deny it. He told me he would tell me when he would need to log into blockchain. And guys, before you call me a dumbass that's getting scammed, I realize that, but I figured I'd ask the community because maybe it is true. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment