Sunday, April 28, 2019

[uncensored-r/Bitcoin] Confused settting up Core/Lightning Node on RPi3b+

The following post by Cryptokooi89 is being replicated because some comments within the post(but not the post itself) have been silently removed.

The original post can be found(in censored form) at this link:

np.reddit.com/r/ Bitcoin/comments/bib33k

The original post's content was as follows:


Hello everyone!

This day I started trying to setup my own Bitcoin Core and Lightning node on my Raspberry Pi 3b+. I've tried this before but I failed. Today I wanted to give it another shot but again I am stuck. My setup is a RPi3b+ with an external 1TB HDD. I use the Raspibolt guide: https://stadicus.github.io/RaspiBolt/. I am not a programmer or such, but I do have some IT experience i.e. building my own pc, configuring it and such. It's one of my hobbies.

Anyway, I am at the 'Raspberry Pi' step of the guide ( https://stadicus.github.io/RaspiBolt/raspibolt_20_pi.html), step 'Mounting external hard disk'. So I put in this command: ' $ lsblk -o UUID,NAME,FSTYPE,SIZE,LABEL,MODEL' and I get the information of my HDD.

After that I should do the command: ' $ sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/[NAME]'. But But which is [NAME]? Is it 'sda' or 'sda1'?

After that I have to copy the UUID and edit the fstab file. I know how to enter the fstab file, that not the problem. I see five lines of text in the fstab file. The lines start with: 'proc', 'PARTUUID', 'PARTUUID', '# a swapfile is not a swap partition' & '# use dphys-swapfile'.

But where should I write down the line ' UUID=123456 /mnt/hdd ext4 rw,nosuid,dev,noexec,noatime,nodiratime,auto,nouser,async,nofail 0 2'? All the way under the fifth existing line? Or after the third line 'PARTUUID'?

Also, in the fstab file there is a menu down the cmd window with some commands. One of them is ^X (Exit). If I type ^X and press enter, it does not exit. Am I doing something wrong?

I hope someone can help me with this so I can continue setting up my node! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment