Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Bitcoin Security

When I see posts about the “security of BTC”, my head hurts from the cognitive dissonance that exists with the true BTC maximalist’s (a) apparent disdain for the miners dating back to the UASF**, and (b) gleeful thoughts about the uncontested hash power of the BTC chain.

Acknowledgement: A miner’s gonna mine what makes the most sense for their economic situation. Current hash power distribution is 97% BTC...

My Point: I wouldn’t be counting my [security] chickens quite yet on the BTC chain. It seems like hash power distribution across these two chains could easily be a fluid thing when BTC/BCH are moving rapidly relative to each-other.

Questions: -Do you agree with the point above? -Any thoughts on how this plays out in the near future?

**https://www.google.com/amp/s/bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitcoin-beginners-guide-surviving-bip-148-uasf/amp/



No comments:

Post a Comment