Friday, July 5, 2019

Need help recovering wallet with seed

First of all - don't try to scam me, I won't be sharing the seed phrase with anyone who DMs me.

Back in December of 2017 I bought my mom a small amount of BTC and Bitcoin Cash and sent it to her (and she had confirmed over the phone that she saw it appear in her respective BTC and BCH wallets). Two years later, I'm visiting home for the 4th of July and neither of the two apps she has on her phone shows any transaction history for bitcoin or bitcoin cash. The first app is the Bitcoin.com app, which is the one I'm 99% sure she had her BTC and BCH stored on. The other app is Airbitz (I think this is now edge). It's really strange that neither app shows a transaction history, but regardless, I'm looking for help recovering her address with the seed phrase that she has written down on a piece of paper. Neither of these apps seem to have an option to "recover using seed phrase". I tried doing a seed recovery with the electrum wallet (this was the only wallet with a seed recovery guide online that I could easily find) and it didn't work. Any help will be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment