Monday, July 22, 2019

Total Noob Ready to Jump In. Needing some additional help/tips

I am very new to watches. I am currently sporting a Seiko SKX I acquired 2 years ago. I am fascinated by the pretty watches I see here and I want one for myself.

I am not a fan of traditional forums and have never visited RWI from it's frontpage, only from google search results. I have been more of a reddit user, and have been lurking here for a while these past few weeks. So far I've read the beginner's guide, and the many posts here for watches I kinda like. I've read about the situation about a TD unfolding last week. I've also asked a stupid question here the other day and the people have been really helpful.

I am ready to pull the trigger on this Omega or this BB58. I just have some more questions:

  1. With all the drama happening with Trustytime, I am more inclined to buy from puretime. Are there any tips when buying from this TD? Like is there a limit to the number of times I can RL, or how I should interact with the TD to not piss him off?
  2. I've also discovered some agreements between TT and the buyers to never ask others for help with QC-ing, and to not show the pictures to others. Does PT have this clause? I don't know every detail of a gen, so I want to ask for your help during the QC process (of course I will also do my own homework beforehand).
  3. I plan to pay by bitcoin. Are there any gotchas I need to look out for when paying a TD using this method?

Cheers and thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment