Sunday, September 1, 2019

Is my model overkill?

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Right now, I just want to pay for a VPN service, but I imagine I will use BTC to pay for more things as I get more familiar with the currency.

For privacy, I am planning to buy BTC from a Bitcoin ATM in town. My problems begin with wallets. I understand that it is best to run your own full node for privacy, so I am going to run a full node bitcoin core installed on Tails OS to route it through TOR. But I have no experience with Debian, so if you happen to know a guide on doing this (besides the official one) would be most appreciated.

My question is, if I am only going to make a single payment for now, do I have to run my node all the time? Could I just unplug the USB the wallet is on and make it a """cold""" storage? Or would there be associated problems? Should I use a mixer after buying Bitcoin from an ATM? Is my plan stupid and there is a much easier way that offers a comparable privacy level?

Please let me know! My head is splitting from reading jargony articles, so I welcome any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment