Tuesday, November 19, 2019

State grabs money from account. 1 more reason to own btc

I had an event happen earlier today that I thought would be worth sharing just to remind people why we on bitcoin. Back in 2005 I may have gotten in a bit of trouble in the street racing scene. Forgot to pay my probation fines and oddly enough 12 years after I got off probation I wake up to my checking account being at 0. Naturally I called the bank and ask what's going on. Apparently the state decided to garnish my account with no prior warning for those old fines. It's a legitimate debt I'm not really that upset I have other money but it's a warning. At the click of a button your bank account can be turned off. Governments can take your money and then you're going to court trying to prove that they shouldn't have. It's also a good reminder not to keep your coins on exchanges.


No comments:

Post a Comment