Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Long time BTC hodler needs help with claiming fork airdrops

I haven't touch my BTC for a long time but due to tax reasons (not an US citizen) it's a good time for me to claim and sell the different air drops/forks that are available before end of December this year, especially BCH and BSV. Yes, I know I'm late to the game but my BTC holdings are a long bet and I don't easily risk or touch them.

I've read a lot of threads and guides on BCH/BSV splitting but haven't found all answers I need, so here it goes. Any help is appreciated!

Some background info:
MY BTC UTXOs are from 2013 and early 2017 and are in a Bitcoin Core 0.19.0.1 wallet.dat (Windows). For preparation I have just moved all my UTXO's to a completely new Bitcoin Core wallet.dat and made several backups of the two wallet.dat files both before and after I moved the UTXOs.

Question 1)
Running Bitcoin ABC wallet 0.20.7 with the original BTC wallet.dat displays the correct number of BCH available for me to transfer where i want. Can I safely transfer all those UTXOs from Bitcoin ABC wallet 0.20.7 to my Exchange (Bittrex) without risking the transaction to replay on the BSV chain?

Question 2)
If the answer to question 1 above is no - From what I understand from all guides and other threads I've read (although some of them are old) I should import the private keys from Bitcoin ABC wallet in to Electron Cash.

I read that the Electron Cash 3.3.4CS is no longer recommended for splitting and latest version only supports BCH. So my guess is I should use Electron Cash 4.0.12 from https://electroncash.org/ and Electrum SV 1.2.5 from https://electrumsv.io ? Is that correct?

Is the following a correct procedure? (or is there an simpler/other method?)

a.
Move all BTC UTXOs in Bitcoin Core wallet to a new wallet.dat
DONE

b.
Import old BTC wallet.dat to Bitcoin ABC wallet. (Full amount of BCH are displayed)
DONE

c.
dumpprivatekey command in Bitcoin ABC wallet

d.
Import the private key in to Electron Cash 4.0.12

e.
Buy some BCH on Bittrex and send it to the Electron Cash address

f.
Send entire BCH to Bittrex (and sell for BTC....)

g.
Import the private key in to Electrum SV 1.2.5

h.
Send entire BSV to Bittrex (and sell for BTC....)

Question 3)
Are there any other forks worth claiming (for immediately selling) and are fairly easy to self extract non custodial? I hold exchange accounts at Bittrex and Poloniex so the forks should be available to sell there. I do not want to go through the hassle and privacy risks of registering yet another KYC account unless the fork reward is substantial.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment