Thursday, December 5, 2019

TIFU by declining a bitcoin donation in 2014

Obviously this didn't happen today. I was looking through some old screenshots from a game, and found this screenshot. If you can name the game it's from, I'll give you the bitcoin donation.

At least, I would, if I had it. I don't know the exact date this was sent, however in late 2014/some early 2015, I wrote daily guides for a little card game I played. People seemed to like them, and on one occasion someone offered to donate me a beer's worth of money. Specifically, of bitcoin. I declined it due to personal morals.

Only today did one of my friends point out to me the mistake I made - that beer would be worth god knows how much today.

TL;DR: declined a small amount of bitcoin long before it surged in value, hindsight is 20/19. If you're out there, Donk, I hope you kept it.



No comments:

Post a Comment