Saturday, February 8, 2020

Persistent Volume Stuck On Loading - Now all files vanished

Hello, I am a tails OS user. So I tried to log into Tails last night, successsfully. Was up and running for 5 minutes and a power failure happened. Second login attempt I was met with a continuously loading sign at the greeter and unable to do anything else....

Followed a couple of things online found via google (disable and re-enable peristence) etc and seemed to work. Unfortunately I now have a new persistence volume, with nothing inside but Tor Browser folder.

The shortcut on the sidebar has disappeared also. The thing I find most strange is that when I check the partion in diskutility, it was there is the same amount of data usage % used so I know the data must still be there.

I've tried everything to try and recover (file/data recovery) within tails and cannot. I am also unable to decrypt the volume outside of tails (linux recovery distro). Bare in mind that Tails is a restrictive OS and installation of external apps is difficult (at least for me)

If anyone is able to guide me to recovery I will reward them handsomely $2000 or more for the recovery via bitcoin.

Help me.



No comments:

Post a Comment