Sunday, February 9, 2020

Persistent Volume Stuck On Loading - Now all files vanished

So tried to log into Tails last night, successsfully. Was up and running for 5 minutes and a power failure happened. Second login attempt I was met with a contiously loading sign at the greeter and unable to do anything else....

Followed a couple of things online found via google (disable and re-enable peristence) etc and seemed to work. Unfortunately I now have a new persistence volume, with nothing inside but Tor Browser folder.

The shortcut on the sidebar has disappeared also. The thing I find most strange is that when I check the partion in diskutility, it was there is the same amount of data usage % used so I know the data must still be there.

I've tried everything to try and recover (file/data recovery) within tails and cannot. I am also unable to decrypt the volume outside of tails (linux recovery distro).

If anyone is able to solve my problem I will reaward the $2000 via bitcoin for their efforts.

Help me.

EDIT:

I've already booted into the device, hence why I got the new persistence volume. But I can still see the data usage is the same as before, the files have just vanised.

Unfortunately I beleve there has been around 100-200kb data written to the partion because of the boot.

Am I screwed?

Another unfortunate event is that I used TeskDisk to see if any files were undeleteable, I found only one that was the persistence.conf which was the same as the original


No comments:

Post a Comment