Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Welcome to all the new Mods

Up until a day ago there were 4 mods on this sub. Now there are 10 more as of this writing.

I understand cryptorebel has been permanently banned, which is (imo) a sad state of affairs.

I have a few questions for these new mods;

1/ Are you experienced at moderating a subreddit?

2/ Are you well versed in BSV?

3/ Did you apply to become a mod or were you invited? And by whom?

The 3rd is the more important question (again, imo) because I got a message last night inviting myself to become a mod. It was a surprise to say the least because my answer to the first two questions would have been an emphatic no.

I'm curious to know how many other members were invited to become a mod here and declined.

I'm not saying anything nefarious is afoot...just speaking my mind. New mods, please introduce yourself if you are so inclined. Tell us why you think you may be qualified to moderate what is likely to become the most important subreddit regarding bitcoin in the not too distant future.

EDIT: 15 new moderators in the past 7 days. I'm grateful 2 have introduced themselves by way of what they bring to the table.

I mean, you don't gotta do nuth'n ya don't wanna, but IMO having a sticky where mods (and members) can introduce themselves and occasionally input their stance/thoughts regarding ongoing current events in this sub would certainly differentiate it from others.


No comments:

Post a Comment