Sunday, May 24, 2020

Fan problem out of nowhere

Hi guys. Most of the time I have my laptop set on the silent mode through ROG Gaming Center because the balanced and overboost settings are too loud for me. For the past year I've had zero complaints and have sent it once for repair cause of a loud and weird noise coming from the fan area.
But it was completely replaced so I assumed it is all good now. That was 3 months ago.

Since a week or two my fans are spinning quite loudly even on silent mode and I have no idea why. My gaming experience has been impacted as well due to temperatures reaching higher levels than normal as well. They peak at 90-100 degrees and makes the game stutter occasionally. I was suspecting that I might have a bitcoin miner virus but using software like Malwarebytes or Hitmanpro were unsuccessful. I hope someone will be able to help or guide me in what I could do to fix this. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment