Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Moving BTC from Bitcoin Core to Ledger - how to claim and split out the BCH/Gold/etc?

Hi,

I have a tiny bit of BTC that's on an old Bitcoin Core wallet. I wanted to move it to cold storage so bought a Ledger Nano S and installed the Ledger Live software.

These coins are pre-Bitcoin cash, let alone Bitcoin Gold and BSV, BCD(??)

How do I claim the Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, BSV and whatever other crypto might have split out since then.

I see video guides on YT showing how to split to a new wallet using the "LedgerWallet" software, but none of these options are available on "Ledger Live" (which I assume has replaced LedgerWallet as the latest software), there is no guide on the website, and I'm feeling completely stuck.

If anyone would be kind enough to explain is simple terms how to claim all of these different coins, that would be really helpful.

TIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment