Sunday, August 2, 2020

ColdCard/Wasabi. I’ve finally gotten to the step of taking btc off of my exchange account and into a wallet. I’ve already set up Blockstream green as my hot wallet but I want cold storage for most of my BTC. I am just getting stuck at the end of the process before PBST.

Okay. So when I’m in Wasabi - when I’m about to initiate the PBST - what address do I use. (Obvi im not sending shit to any addresses anyone tries to scam me in the comments). I know BTC isn’t stored anywhere. It’s on the ledger. However, what address do I give wasabi when I want to sign the transfer of funds. Does ColdCard generate an address? I’m hella confused and I’ve spent all my Sunday watching all the videos and reading guides on the docs tab of coinkite.

In other words, will I have to eventually send all the btc to my ColdCard wallet address if that’s a thing ...?... like my hot wallet. What’s the point of ColdCard then? I know I’m missing something major here if you could kindly explain it to me like I’m 5 that would rock. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I’m on the Matt Odell bitcoin citadel for ColdCard- Wasabi guide and step 12 explains how to move BTC from hot wallet to ColdCard. Still foggy for me haha. So close yet so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment