Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Technical Question: Mac Nodes & Servers

Hi guys, I’ve read the FAQ and appreciate how clean and clear it is.

I have a dedicated MacBook Pro that Id like to use in support of Bitcoin. So far, I have installed and verified GPG Suite and Bitcoin Core. It is now synced, and I’m ready to add block explorer, a lightning node, and an electrum server.

I found this guide on Medium talking about Power Node Launcher, but it’s doesn’t have the same emphasis on security as the other tools I’ve setup. Before taking nest steps, I’d like input from the community on the order of steps and sources for installing the aforementioned programs.

If there is anything else I can do with my computer and bandwidth to help Bitcoin, please let me know. Specifically, if I am able to setup a lightning node, would it help if I stored some bitcoin on it to support transactions.



No comments:

Post a Comment