Thursday, October 29, 2020

Applying for r/CryptoCurrency - u/Mcgillby - Active member of the community since 2017

How much account age and comment karma do you have?

  • My account age is 3y 10m and I have received 8,381 comment karma. 4500 of this was earned in r/CryptoCurrency which I have been an active member of since late 2017.

2. What are your credentials? Do you have any skills with AutoModerator rules, CSS, or programming bots? Can you reference external profiles or mod positions on other subs?

  • I have moderated a forum (now defunct) and a very small niche community on reddit called r/FRep_guides_ffbe as well as played active roles in the communities I subscribe to. I do have some programming experience, but not enough to be comfortable working with AutoModerator rules or Bots, but it is something I would be interested in learning. I'm at the point where I can make websites and basic web apps in flask.

3. Do you moderate a large number of subreddits? If so, will this be a burden to your mod duties?

  • No. I am the sole moderator in one other sub-reddit but it has not seen any activity for over 2 years.

4. What project in the crypto space are you a fan of or invested in?

  • Bitcoin and Ethereum are the main projects that I follow or am seriously invested in. I try to keep an open-mind about other coins and do not have a maximalist mentality.

5. What is your timezone? How active do you intend to be?

  • Timezone is Pacific Standard Time (UTC/GMT-7). I have been quite active in the sub and will continue to be as active as possible. I am online a minimum of a few hours daily and can check messages while at work.

6. Do you have a vision or goal? If so, what is it and how would you pursue it?

  • My goal as a member of the r/CryptoCurrency moderator team is to help provide a safe and fair place for people to discuss various cryptocurrencies as well as guide and support newcomers to the community. I will do my best to impartially enforce the rules, reduce spam and engage in the community in a positive manner.

7. Is there anything else you would like to add?

  • I have been an active member of this sub for several years as well as a fan of cryptocurrency since 2015 when I first tried out GPU mining. I am honored to be considered as a moderator for this sub and will do what I can to continue to make this sub-reddit a positive experience for the users. I realize the magnitude of this role and the responsibilities that come with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment