Friday, January 8, 2021

Bitcoin questions: node, lightning, security etc

So I am continuing to do research everyday and have already learned quite a bit but any advice or direction would be helpful as I continue the process.

I just received my new Raspberry Pi which am now contemplating using as a Full Node. I am very new to this aspect and definitely behind in my technical knowledge so I will try to keep this as simple as possible and ask that you do the same in answering (treat me like a six year old as a seven year old is probably more of an expert in coding and such lol). Security focused questions here as well. What happens if it is attacked or hacked and could that lead to someone also being able to steal my Bitcoin from my wallet or via observing transactions?

Related questions; Lightning or no? & In the event of a future vote on Bitcoin that could result in a split does my vote immediately choose which branch I would be part of or after the vote do I still have the option to continue with the branch I choose be it the most popular or not? Sorry if this doesn't make sense as I no very little about this.

I originally ordered the Raspberry Pi to use with HomeBridge to allow my Ring doorbells and Nest thermostat to be used with HomeKit. Is this still a good idea if I decide to use it as a Full Node or does this increase my security risks?

Thank you in advance for any answers, advice, input, or pointing me in the right direction as I continue down the path of financial independence. I have chosen to also post these as combined questions and also in r/HomeKit as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment