Saturday, January 2, 2021

Bitcoit beginner (Questions on wallet recovery)

So long story short I actually got into bitcoin a long time ago. Was in the time of mining services like cloudhashing contracts.

Anyways so i am wondering about recovering a wallet. Don’t worry I have access to it, have the private key and the phrases written down already and safe.

So I am getting a cold storage hardware wallet. Like ledger nano s or trezo. And I am moving from a online account like coin base or blockchain for example.

Online wallet -> hardware cold storage

In the event that ledger or trezo network stops working in the future. Company goes bust for example. And I have the 12 or 24 phrases or even the private key.

Is it still possible to recover that wallet to another service in the future.

For example, put the Bitcoin in a hardware wallet. The hardware wallet is damaged and Trevor/Ledger is no longer around. I have my phrases saved. Can I use those with another service to get my wallet back. Like using the phrases in coin base as a example.

Or if they do under I am completely out of my Bitcoin to bad deal with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment