Thursday, January 7, 2021

"In no event should you allocate more than 1% of your liquid net worth into Monero (...)"

Hi. I'm not a total newbie in cryptocurrencies since I have bitcoins, and a few other coins, but I decided recently to learn about Monero, since I'm interested. So I just started to follow ressources pinned by this subreddit.

In monero.how, in the "Why Monero vs Bitcoin" article, is written at the end of the page :

In no event should you allocate more than 1% of your liquid net worth into Monero, as this would leave you too exposed to volatility while Monero matures. If the price of Monero drops precipitously and this would spoil your day, then Monero is not for you at this time.

For Bitcoin, a lot of people advise not to invest in btc more than you can afford to lose. They don't give a percentage number. This 1% intrigues me. Why does this website does not advise at all to allocate more than 1% ? I don't get it.

Don't you allocate more than 1% of your liquid net worth into Monero ? Even if you're an hardcore Monero believer ?


No comments:

Post a Comment