Friday, February 5, 2021

Looking for advice: Should I transfer my remaining stock market funds to go full-time crypto?

Hello! I'm currently a medical student in my 20s (not in debt, not married), and I've been an active trader/investor in a Southeast Asian stock market since 2015, but I've recently made the decision to begin investing/trading in crypto. Why? Well I'm fed up with how the local stock market here is heavily manipulated by big institutions (lol) and this realization was reaffirmed by the Wall Street events over the past few weeks.

I started off with Bitcoin last January, but I'll admit that the recent DOGE craze has convinced me that crypto is full of amazing opportunities. I currently own some BTC, LINK, and EASY, got a hard wallet for my coins, and I'm still in the process of learning more about this space, but I'm now contemplating if I should transfer my remaining position in the stock market to go full-time on crypto. My plan is to accumulate BTC and LINK and hold for 5-10 years and use my remaining funds for trades (this is currently a small position that I want to grow). I don't have steady income yet as I'm a student, but a side hustle I do can give me some bucks that I can allot for trading/investing monthly. I know we are potentially in massive bull run this year, but I've also read about the crypto market crash in 2017/2018. Any advice would be highly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment