Wednesday, March 3, 2021

New to NFT, not to creating ART.

I created my first piece of art aimed directly for NFT distribution. I've been a digital artist living/working in Chicago for the last 15 years. NFTs could certainly be an interesting way for artists to get their work out there and get compensated for the long hours without relying on YouTube or Instagram as the gatekeepers.

In any event, I did want to share my first attempt. I've been a Bitcoin holder since the 2015. Got my first .4 BTC at that time and never sold while adding to my position every year.

The project: HEADS OR FAILS

As a human and an artist, I am deeply concerned about the FED continuing to print money. Bitcoin is fascinating for all the reasons we all understand; decentralized and its ability to store and transfer wealth. As such, this project, TITLE: HEADS OR FAILS aims to tell that story. As the FED figuratively prints trillions of dollars the coin toss is up - will it land BTC or FIAT.

Side note, I made the quarter with the date 2009 (even though no George Washington Quarter was ever minted in that year.) This is of course the year BTC was born.

Feedback welcome. Thoughts welcome. Dialogue welcome. Bids, of course, welcome.

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment