Monday, April 12, 2021

This country is finished.

I'm so naïve and gullible lmao. I can't believe I actually thought that the Amazon union vote was "the most important part of labor history since blah blah blah". I was excited that it could be rallying cry for working people everywhere. A "new" labor movement based on the real problems presented by service industry/warehouse work.

Then the whole thing fell flat on its fucking face. Absolutely pathetic. It wasn't even close. The union lost by 2-1 ratio. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. I wasn't personally involved in any of it, but I'm an industrial electrician who really sympathizes with what those people face. I wanted so badly for them to unionize. I feel so fucking stupid. This really ripped the rose-tinted glasses off and revealed what a pathetic joke the modern labor movement is.

More and more jobs are being taken by automation, climate change is pretty much irreversible now, and the gap between the lower class and the upper is opening more every day. They got us, we lost. Pack it in boys, show's over. Just scrape and grovel for what you can until you either die or are killed by the events for the next few decades. (maybe buy some BITCOIN while you're at it!!!) Fucking LMAO.

Sorry if this post is disjointed, I'm just ranting.


No comments:

Post a Comment