Friday, May 7, 2021

YNAB after two years

https://preview.redd.it/5vb6nesz4tx61.png?width=1624&format=png&auto=webp&s=2889dbabf2e9cd6c0e2e0b7b3f349892972118cb

I went my entire life never having more than 1k in the bank before this. To be clear, the chart above includes my retirement accounts.

I don't make a lot of money, work hourly wage in the midwest with no degree or serious skills (most of the time I worked night stock for a grocery store). Lost that job and got a raise in the form of unemployment (weird right? Do I even look for a job?) This is also through several repairs of my truck, including new wheels, power steering rack, wheel bearing ,and a full set of breaks/rotors. I have also been going back to college and paid much of my way through community college. My best friend/roommate was murdered, so I had to move out on rather short notice. Sold some ethereum/bitcoin and using recent profits to buy my girlfriend an amazing engagement ring. You can actually see where many of these events happen from the various bumps in the chart.

I wont go into the exact timeline and the list above is not in any real order, but this chart tells quite a story. None of this would have been possible without the financial security and peace of mind YNAB gives me.


No comments:

Post a Comment