Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Staking/Lending Altcoins in Canada (specifically SOL)

Hello!

I'm in Canada and very new to crypto and plan on wetting my beak with some purchases of BTCX and ETHX using my RRSP/TFSA next week.

I also have my eyes on a few Altcoins; Solana in particular. If I were to procure SOL or some other staking Altcoins and earn some yield, what is your advice on how to go about this?

I'm in BC so I believe Binance is still a viable option for me (for now). From what I understand, I need to buy Bitcoin from a CDN exchange, move it to Binance, exchange BTC for SOL, then simply stake it there. Another option would be to exchange some BTC for SOL on Binance, then transfer it to a wallet for staking (I'm looking at Exodus in particular). I want to avoid swapping from coin to coin, platform to platform while incurring fees and triggering taxable events as much as possible.

Celsius has also caught my eye. Would any staking crypto supported by this platform be better suited here, or staked on a wallet/exchange?

Any other exchanges in Canada with low fees supporting Altcoins I should be considering? What's the cheapest and easiest way to buy SOL or other Alts in Canada?

Thanks all. Please pardon my ignorance.


No comments:

Post a Comment