Friday, August 13, 2021

Bad experiences with crypto

We have all had bad experiences with finances in our lives; whether that's dealing with ridiculous banking fees, credit fraud or what have you. With the industry of cryptocurrency being relatively new, we're bound to run into all manner of problems. It is estimated that billions are being lost every year due to a variety of hacks, scams and other issues.

For me, personally: Dealing with all different wallets, pass phrases and addresses can be very confusing. I once had a wallet with a small amount of bitcoin sitting in it (haven't we all) and now I can't even remember which wallet it was or anything else about it. I was still green to the game and honestly didn't really know what I was doing. I think most people didn't. Switching between wallets and exchanges and then ultimately losing assets left me with a bitter taste.

There are all kinds of stories that I've heard from this sub and others:

- rug pulls

- pump and dumps

- exchange hacks

- wrong address / memo transactions

- high fees

- scams / losses

- boating accidents

How many of you got pulled into a sketchy coin only to be left holding bags of dust? Did someone persuade you to hand over your keys under the guise of customer service? What mistake did you make or unavoidable event left you with a bad experience in crypto?

Maybe this can be a cathartic exercise for us to get it all out and possibly even learn from each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment