Saturday, August 28, 2021

Is Eruce legit?

ANSWER: Very likely not. See edits.

I just came across Eruce (dot com) that sells music quite cheaply (including songs that are not available on iTunes and Amazon, mainly looking at j-pop). Does anybody know if this site operates legally (as in, do they have the legal right to sell mp3s and FLACs)? Has anyone heard of these guys before? There are certain things that give me pause, such as the very limited information and references to the site that I can find on Google. Thank you in advance.

Edit: Their "about me" reads: "In 2007, we were so proud to be awarded ‘Label of the Year’ by Grendia Magazine." I can find no reference to that magazine on Google. And the first reference to eruce I can find online dates to three years ago when it was reported that they started accepting bitcoin. Something strange is going on here.

Edit: Found this on a Touhou doujin site: "Please don’t use Eruce.com to purchase digital albums. It’s not an authorized website, but moreover, it sells rips of event-limited stuff (such as Lovely Life), which aren’t available in legal sources." Now I'm convinced that eruce is not legit. Leaving this here as documentation for the next person who runs into this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment