Saturday, November 13, 2021

PSA to not tell people you own crypto currencies.

Has anyone else here felt the slight hostility when the discussion of crypto comes up with people who are not very familiar with the subject?

Tonight I had a bit of argument with my old man, who proceeded to tell me that Bitcoin was the biggest waste of money he’s ever heard of (this is a man who doesn’t own any stocks, no retirement fund, anything of that kind). “It will one day go to zero, giant scam” were the words that were used.

I find that sometimes it’s just best to keep even the thought of owning crypto to yourself. Whilst it has changed my life for the better and opened up so many opportunities for me, and I wish that I could help those around me in the same way, it almost feels taboo. People are either on one side of the fence or the other and sometimes no matter how hard you try, you can’t convince them. So maybe it’s best to save yourself the trouble and just worry about yourself.

On the other hand however, I do believe that people should have a failsafe in place, for the unfortunate event that you pass. That way at least my partner can one day be set up for the future, even if she doesn’t understand it very well.

I’m assuming a lot of people here have probably suffered the same experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment